About Our Meditation Workshops
Meditation Courses – What to Expect
If you want to learn how to meditate, then you already have everything you need to participate in our Deepak Chopra meditation workshops. We provide plenty of free parking for all who wish to join us in a comfortable, casual learning environment. For best experience and relaxation, we encourage you to wear comfortable clothing, but there are no special accessories required. Attendance varies from season to season, ranging from about three to ten participants in each group.
Primordial Sound Meditation is practiced silently. There is nothing you need to know in order to come to these meditation courses.
There are 4 sessions included in our Primordial Sound Meditation workshops held within 2 days of class.
- Meditation Workshop Day 1 – Sessions 1 and 2 are held on the first day of the meditation workshop (typically a Saturday) and last about 2 1/2 hours. During Session One, your Instructor will introduce you to the basic principles of meditation including its history and the importance of your mantra. During Session Two, you will receive personal instruction in your Primordial Sound mantra and learn how to use it. This mantra is selected just for you based on the time and place of your birth. We will ask that you practice meditating later that afternoon at home and again the following morning – before you come to the second day of meditation courses.
- Meditation Workshop Day 2 – Class typically starts at 1:00 p.m. and lasts a bit longer than day 1 (usually 3 1/2 hours). This is because we discuss your experiences in meditation and provide information about what you can expect during your meditation practice going forward. During Session Three, we will discuss the practical aspects of meditation, you may share your experiences, receive answers to any questions, and meditate with your instructor. Lastly, during Session Four, you will attend a lecture describing the higher states of consciousness that can be achieved with regular Primordial Sound Meditation practice according to the beliefs of Deepak Chopra. Primordial Sound Meditation is recommended for anyone who wishes to enjoy deeper peace, greater freedom, and mastery of life.
What You’ll Get from our Meditation Workshop
Our Deepak Chopra meditation workshops provide you with time tested instruction in Primordial Sound Meditation. After taking our meditation courses, you will be able to meditate on your own. You will receive reference materials including a Primordial Sound Meditation Participant Guide as well as a free meditation CD featuring Deepak Chopra, MD that will help guide you through meditation on your own. Also, we will hold a free meditation group periodically which you are welcome to attend.
You Will Receive
- Your Personalized Primordial Sound Mantra
- Personal Instruction in the Primordial Sound Meditation Practice Method
- Course Materials and Deepak Chopra Meditation CD
- Instruction on How and When to Meditate and What to Expect When Meditating
- Several Practice Group Meditation Sessions
- Detailed Instruction on History of Primordial Sound Meditation
- Answers to Your Questions About Meditation
- Information and Resources for Follow-Up Practice
What is a Mantra?
What do you think of when the word, “mantra” comes to mind? You might understand that a mantra is a repeated phrase, but what is it for? In the case of Primordial Sound Meditation, the mantra is a phrase that is used for its vibrational quality, used to help clear your thoughts, allowing you to be fully present in the moment. In Primordial Sound Meditation, we don’t speak the mantra out loud when meditating. Instead, we think it silently to ourselves. The mantra you will receive at the course is selected just for you based on the time and place of your birth.
We understand that meditation is a life-long practice and want to support you in your journey. For this reason, if you decide that you would like to re-attend our meditation courses or meditation workshops in the future, you may attend any regularly scheduled meditation event at no charge (on a space available basis). Also, we offer a free meditation group that meets periodically, and we encourage you to attend.
What They’re Saying
Our students love our workshops. Here are some of the comments we have received from prior workshop attendees.
Meditation Workshop FAQ
Do you Offer Private Instruction Sessions?
Yes! You may be interested in private instruction rather than instruction as part of a group. While group instruction has many benefits, including group practice meditations, sometimes a private class is more suited for your particular situation. For example, if you want the entire family to receive their mantras and instruction together in a home environment, this may be the optimal solution. With private instruction, the instructor will either come to your location or you may come to the regular class location. The fee for a single private instruction session is $595. This fee covers up to two individuals living in the same household. There is a $50 fee for each additional family member or direct relative.
Is Primordial Sound Meditation a Religion?
No. People of many different religions practice Primordial Sound Meditation without any conflict with their religious practices. People who do not participate in religion also practice Primordial Sound Meditation. It enables us to enjoy what we do in our lives more fully, including our religious practices. Even through the technique and the mantras come from ancient wisdom traditions of India, this does not make it an Indian technique. Just like Ben Franklin “discovering” electricity doesn’t make electricity American, Primordial Sound Meditation is a universal technique.
Why do you Teach Meditation over Two Days?
Part of learning meditation is discussing your experiences in meditation. When you are new to the process, you will have questions about the experiences you are having. Our course is designed to introduce you to meditation on the first day and allow you to have some time to practice it on your own so that when you come back for the second day, you have actual experiences to discuss. This yields an improved overall learning experience. Further, taking the course in one day would require that you sit with us for nearly 8 hours and almost everyone struggles focusing on one topic for that period of time. For these reasons, South Florida Meditation does not offer a one-day course in meditation, nor does the Chopra Center recommend such an approach.
Learn the secrets of Deepak Chopra meditation today!
If you’re ready to being a journey of self-discovery, inner peace, and empowerment for reaching your full potential, we welcome you to visit our Contact/Enrollment page for further details.